السبت، 5 يوليو 2008

The Lost Freedom

A peaceful anticorruption successful man said it with confidence: "I am really scared of what is going to happen next".
I heard the news about a month ago in the newspaper saying that this very famous printing cooperation in my city had been closed due to political issues and its owners were detained and taken to nowhere. Once I read it, I called my friend or my older brother as he is to me to check and ask for details about the incident. Fortunately or unfortunately, I do not know, he was not in the country at that critical time. However, everyone knew about the incident and rumors took the attention and became the first news to be told.

I was worried about those people, about their business and about their families. They are known in my city for a long, really long time that they are peaceful and kind people and they belong to a minority group of Sheea. No one really cared about their religion perspectives as always people of my city never nag or ask for such a thing. Nevertheless, now one of the rumors says that they are charged of printing some political brochures that support the Sheea in my country that have troubles and serious conflicts with the government
.
My friend came home finding a house full of crying women and a bunch of children asking about their fathers and grandfathers. He had no answer and at that moment all the blood stopped running in his body. He is the only mature man who is left. Feared and unsure condolences he offered the women were not enough. All his CONNECTIONS ,that he called asking or requesting for assistance only to know where are the men, failed or let us face it, they ignored him knowing that it is nearly impossible to get to know where they are.

I met him last Thursday. He is as usual funny, but it is irony because it is painful to know that you are the next one and you can never tell what the charge is going to look like this time. His business started to decline, and his calls are under censorship as well as his movement, but his well is not attacked.
This piece of writing is dedicated to him. He taught me that knowledge is power, and time is money regardless who your family is, and how many CONNECTIONS you know
.

ليست هناك تعليقات: